[Arm-netbook] http://www.vortex86dx.com/?page_id=85

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 09:24:33 GMT 2013

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 5:48 AM, Robert Schwebel
<r.schwebel at pengutronix.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 10:12:41PM +0000, luke.leighton wrote:
>>  ah. question. did you use a board with the internal crystal on the
>> SoC, or did you do (or use) a design with an external one?
>>
>>  if "external" then that would be Bad... and i would want to know, for
>> the DX2 and DX3, that they'd fixed that.
>
> I don't know about the details, we used this one:
> http://www.ssv-comm.de/en/products/esom2586.php
>
> However, it was not nearly in the performance and feature class of even
> any of the industrial ARM cpus, and that was several years ago.

 ok.  right.  this is the one that's in the nortec (something like
that) gecko edubook.  i also have a sample of a 9in laptop with it in
(the one using the same casework as the GPL-violating CT-PC89e that
kicked off this whole project).  it runs ubuntu - i don't like ubuntu
so i don't know and don't care which version - but it's
fully-functional and actually really good.  i ran videos through a
25-to-12fps ffmpeg reducer that also dropped them down to 640x320 and
they play perfectly well... in the middle of the screen :)