[Arm-netbook] 5" LCD resolution 800x480 working for EOMA but color problems may exist because of miswire

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Fri Nov 22 10:07:22 GMT 2013

On Sun, 2013-11-10 at 13:15 +0000, luke.leighton wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 12:43 AM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > 5" LCD resolution 800x480 working for EOMA.
> > Details here
> > http://www.gplsquared.com/eoma_boot/eoma_boot.html#eoma_with_5inch_lcd
> > These displays are about $16 from Aliexpress:
> > http://www.aliexpress.com/item/5inch-5-TFT-LCD-LCM-RGB-800-480-Display-TOUCH/474988848.html
> >
> > I still notice a problem with color - Red and Blue appear to be swapped.
>
>  ok.  the specification's going to have to change.  we cannot modify
> the CPU Card, so the spec has to be changed to match the card.  what a
> pain.

I wire a up cubieboard 1 (the original batch that were sold when they
launched) and found same colour problems.

Its unlikely that I got miswire on both cubieboard and EOMA.
This is sounding more like a script.fex problem or
something less obvious.

Both systems are working at the same time beside each other
in the same way. So the source of the problem is common
in some way.