[Arm-netbook] Realtek RTD2660 dithered LCD driver HDMI monitor

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Fri Nov 22 08:55:14 GMT 2013

> >>  datasheet:
> >>
> >>  http://aitendo3.sakura.ne.jp/aitendo_data/product_img/lcd_controller/Xs/RTD2660.jsp.pdf
> >>
> >>  oo, niiice, it has a built-in 8051.
> >
> > Hmmm... that was just about the only 'datasheet' I could find googling.
> > Its a sprawling list of internal registers and not much
> > clue as to what to set and why.
>
>  welcome to the wonderful world of realtek!

Apparently Taiwan is reducing prices of its LCD panels because
no one is buying them.

Then you see things like this:

Search realtek: RTD2660
http://www.realtek.com.tw/search/default.aspx?keyword=RTD2660
"Sorry! There is no data found. Please try another keyword."

Great going I guess.

With Taiwan's own engineers as well as international developers not
being able to access LCD drive chip datasheets, you wonder how it is
possible that Taiwan can shoot itself both on the feet and the head with
one bullet.

May be a China factory can develop or has developed a clone chip.
Some 2 billion HDMI devices have been sold already - so there is a ready
market for cheap HDMI LCD driver chip.

Have to move on - no time to whine on - too many alternative
good things to be doing :)

Hey lckl / keebler - guess what i got through the post?
50 PCMICA through hole connectors, ethernet sockets, and sata sockets.
<sniff!>