[Arm-netbook] Realtek RTD2660 dithered LCD driver HDMI monitor

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Thu Nov 21 16:31:49 GMT 2013

On Thu, 2013-11-21 at 14:05 +0000, luke.leighton wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 12:39 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just trying to expand the EOMA ecosystem.
> >
> > I've got Realtek RTD2660 dithered LCD driver I bought
> > with 800x480 7" display. It converts a 1024p HDMI signal
> > to 800x480 and dithers the pixels to give impression
> > of very high definition. (The illusion is a challenge
> > for small characters that need to be displayed.)
> > It works well for graphical OS like Ubuntu running on the EOMA.
> >
> > Just wondering if anyone know of SDKs and all the
> > developer bits needed to get RTD2660 board built
> > for EOMA.
>
>  datasheet:
>
>  http://aitendo3.sakura.ne.jp/aitendo_data/product_img/lcd_controller/Xs/RTD2660.jsp.pdf
>
>  oo, niiice, it has a built-in 8051.

Hmmm... that was just about the only 'datasheet' I could find googling.
Its a sprawling list of internal registers and not much
clue as to what to set and why.

> > (I believe Raspi developers are thinking of making such
> >  a device already and have a kickstarter like campaign
> >  going.)
>
>  ... you could always ask them!

Easier to extract blood out of stone me thinks.
No one sharing anything of value in case someone make
product and make money :)

Search realtek: RTD2660
http://www.realtek.com.tw/search/default.aspx?keyword=RTD2660
"Sorry! There is no data found. Please try another keyword."