[Arm-netbook] eoma68 router pcb

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Mon Nov 18 09:00:58 GMT 2013

> > If its open, then upload somewhere and post link with all the datasheets,
>
>  all that has been available since the beginning of the project.  i've
> mentioned them in almost every single post.

Thanks - what I really meant is I got too many links and difficult
to sift through to get to correct information in a timely manner.

>  everything has always, always, always been here, mentioned in almost
> 100% of all posts i've made on this router project:
>   http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/router/

A lot of the important files there are not accessible - no permission.

> > Most likely a kicad version will get drawn
>
>  there is already a kicad version. it has always been here:
>  http://git.hands.com/?p=eoma.git;a=tree;f=pcb/router
>
> > and laid out

>  ... and that's the bit that i don't have the expertise to do (PCB
> layout without decent and comprehensive design rules) hence why i use
> PADS.  KiCAD doesn't even have differential-pair layout so you have to
> do this odd "thing" of creating a part which has two pins at the exact
> width you want, then dragging that around and deleting it once you're
> done.  of course, if you get the impedance wrong you have to start
> again, but given that KiCAD doesn't have impedance calculation *at
> all* let alone impedance design rules you can't even check you got it
> right in KiCAD... hence why i'm using PADs.

I gave up on proprietary a while back...
It has damaged too many projects of mine to ever want to go back.

> > as well
> > to try and get it all into kicad format so that everyone can use it.

>  if i can find out how to use PADS's COM interface i might at some
> point have a go at automatic conversion.  KiCAD's _pcbnew.so is fairly
> straightforward to use (albeit highly undocumented and missing some
> key functionality).  at least that would save vast amounts of peoples'
> time, and if i made it a two-way converter it would be possible to use
> PADS autorouter then import back.  which would be cool.

KiCAD does support external routers.

In other news: Christmas coming up, and things start winding down.
If board needs to be built more urgently, need to try parallel paths.
I'm looking at other side of Feb to get this board finished.