[Arm-netbook] PoE options (Was: eoma68 router pcb)

Scott Sullivan scott at ss.org
Sat Nov 16 22:38:39 GMT 2013

On 11/16/2013 08:29 AM, luke.leighton wrote:
> 3) if not, and there is something missing, what would encourage you to
> splash out on a completely experimental PCB in the way of functions or
> interfaces? (yes i have to look up POE, see if i can fit it on
> somewhere).

So, the option I've seen taken in many projects is the use of
Silvertel's ready made PoE modules.

http://www.silvertel.com/poe_products.htm

PoE seems to be a popular request, but is not cost effective for mass
production. Currently the Arduino Ethernet addresses this by designing
the board to forward up-gradable with one of these modules. This can
also make sense from manufacturing and sales, use the same main PCB, but
just pre-fit a smaller run of the boards with the module.

http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardEthernet

--
Scott Sullivan