[Arm-netbook] eoma68 router pcb

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Thu Nov 14 12:59:36 GMT 2013

On Thu, 2013-11-14 at 12:32 +0100, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday, November 14, 2013 09:19:34 joem wrote:
> > It should universally wipe out the numerous power solutions
> > that EEs are doing up for their boards and replace it
> > with just the one that is GPL'd, cheap and free to use,
> > and supported by a Linux driver.
>
> yes, please. :)
>
> > May be wrong mailing list to talk up such things,
> > or may be a new mailing list needed to talk up all the
>
> imho it needs more than just a mailing list (here or elsewhere). it really
> calls for a cpan / github for hardware type thing where these ideas can be
> pooled, shared and publicized together.
>
> what that would look like would need to be driven by the workflow it should
> enable. this is really the kind of thing that is so much easier / most
> pleasant / faster to do with a small-ish group of involved people in a room
> together with a whiteboard ...

Hi Aaron,

I'm least qualified to make comments on how the collaborative
workflow will get managed.

There is a whole bunch of fully GPL'd tough nuts to be cracked involving
both hardware, test results (which involve a lot of DSO traces), maths,
graphing, Linux driver software, embedded controllers and their
software. Not everything can be successful, and some things will drag
on for years while the issues are identified and sorted. No information
can be hidden from view while such work is in progress.

To solve all this for my work environment, over the years
I do many things and finally I found HTML.

I work with everything in HTML format so that I get access to
EVERYTHING within 3 or 4 clicks. So if its a graph, circuit diagram,
scope trace, highlighted code fragment, CAD drawings, calibration
procedures, relevant bits of datasheets, photos, video, animations, MP3,
etc, its ALWAYS converted into HTML format and either GIF, JPEGs, video
or MP3, so that I don't need to start up secondary applications like
pdfviewer to view the relevant information. No historical information is
hidden from view by more than 3 or 4 clicks.

When life gets more complex with extreme detail, I opt to pump
everything through the speech synthesiser / verbose project manager
described at http://www.gplsquared.com/SoM2/SoM2.html to march the
project and its issues at a fast pace by clicking on the speech buttons
until each item coming out through the verbose project manager speech
synthesiser is drilled into your head and you do something to address
every issue.
This can happen for example when there is software and hardware bugs
that interact together making it extremely difficult to get to the
bottom of an issue without 'something' talking through each and
every issue, and repeating it patiently until something makes sense.

How all that can work in distributed collaborative environment
without sucking up a lot of time managing it all, I would
not begin to comprehend.