[Arm-netbook] 5" LCD resolution 800x480 working for EOMA but color problems may exist because of miswire

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Sun Nov 10 13:46:57 GMT 2013

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 12:43 AM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 5" LCD resolution 800x480 working for EOMA.
> Details here
> http://www.gplsquared.com/eoma_boot/eoma_boot.html#eoma_with_5inch_lcd
> These displays are about $16 from Aliexpress:
> http://www.aliexpress.com/item/5inch-5-TFT-LCD-LCM-RGB-800-480-Display-TOUCH/474988848.html
>
> I still notice a problem with color - Red and Blue appear to be swapped.

: ok.  the specification's going to have to change.  we cannot modify
:the CPU Card, so the spec has to be changed to match the card.  what a
:pain.

Even more pain - the $16  5" 800x480 displays have in the last 3 days ALL been cleaned out of
ALL Aliexpress stores. They are now between $30 and $45 - more than the price of 7" tablets!!!.
The ones that appear to cost $20 odd are the low resolution 480x272 5" that look similar
and/or don't have the touch sensor fitted.

Sheesh!!

These displays are worth less than $14 from factories.

(If enough people wants to join in, we can join orders into
a bulk purchase with help from my friends in CN.
After bulk purchase to get good price, they can
dispatch to different addresses from their warehouse.)

I am also going to switch to getting the 7" size working
- a lot harder to empty the shelves of that any time soon! :)
And then put some KDE plasma on it :) :)