[Arm-netbook] Two Questions: MEB/Card/Case and VGA Proto

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 00:00:40 GMT 2013

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 8:09 PM, Arokux X <arokux at gmail.com> wrote:

> To tell the truth the EOMA project looses its "openness" in my
> opinion. It was first advertised to be an OSHW project. Then
> schematics of the EOMA68-A20 got closed. Then motivation for the
> pricing disappeared. I wonder what will happen next.

 arokux: if people had come up with $10k to $20k at the beginning, or
had helped contribute to creating the schematics and the PCB layout
when i originally invited them to, or a thousand other things had
happened, then what i *wanted* to happen right from the start - open
hardware - would have happened.

as it turns out what i wanted to happen did not happen.  so, that not
having happened, i was forced to pursue other courses of action which
would result in a successful business *such that*, after becoming
financially independent, i might pursue the goals i have set out to
achieve *without* having to be dependent on other people.

 in short, i'm just as annoyed as you that the project has had to turn
first into a commercial success *then* into an open hardware project.
if that's the way it has to be to be a success i'll do what it takes.

 oh - and btw: there's absolutely nothing stopping anyone *else* from
implementing EOMA CPU Cards as Open Hardware Projects.  it's an open
standard, after all.