[Arm-netbook] Two Questions: MEB/Card/Case and VGA Proto

Justin Cormack justin at specialbusservice.com
Thu Nov 7 22:51:56 GMT 2013

On 4 Nov 2013 16:07, "Christopher Havel" <laserhawk64 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/4/2013 5:00 AM, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>>
>> On Sunday, November 3, 2013 14:03:57 Christopher Havel wrote:
>>>
>>> (1) *approximately* how much would it cost me to get an MEB, a current
>>> CPU Card (I assume that'd be A10 based?) and a case, almost-ready-to-go
>>> (as in, assemble the case, stick in the card, and drop on an OS),
>>> including shipping...? I'm in NC, US -- ZIP+4 for me is 27344-6644.
>>> (...or are we not quite there yet? I'm a little confused on that one.)
>>> To be super de doober clear -- estimate, not quote :P
>>
>> When do you need it by?
>>
>> If you can wait ~8 weeks for delivery: US$75 for MEB + A20 card. I will
know
>> Wednesday when this will launch, but I’m hoping we’ll be taking orders
next
>> week.
>>
>>> (2a) how realistic is the idea of putting together a prototype of the
>>> VGA adapter I came up with using perfboard? (I can't afford custom PCBs,
>>
>> We already have a prototype VGA adapter done up. We’d like to offer it
as an
>> add-on but have not yet decided on pricing or worked out logistics for
it.
>> Most likely we will be releasing project files for it and you can whip
one up
>> yourself that attaches to the 44 pin DIL on the MEB.
>>
> "Need" is a bit of a strong word... but I really really really really
want one ;)

> Alas, $75 is not something I can just throw around, to say the very
least. I'm quite poor. The super-brief explanation (probably the best,
here) is that I live with my disabled mother -- in return for helping her
with what she needs, I'm provided with a home and food and all that good
stuff. Unfortunately, her check is only about $1k/mo -- she made the
"mistake" of being mostly self-employed during her ~55 years of being a
working person (that sort of thing screws you over if you get disabled,
apparently). So we're technically in the black, but only just barely. I
really don't know how she does it -- but finances are total wizardry to me,
to begin with...

> A $75 want goes on either my birthday list or my Christmas list
(depending on what time of year it is) -- since it's well past June, it'll
be on my Christmas list this year. *shrug* it's just how it goes. It's
hard, but what choice do I have?

I didn't buy you a birthday present last year just drop me a mail with what
you want.

Justin