[Arm-netbook] defining the eoma68 eeprom usage

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 14:35:09 GMT 2013

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 2:22 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 6, 2013 14:17:07 luke.leighton wrote:
>>  instead i expect the "GPIO 0 devicetree" entry to be about... 200
>> bytes maximum.  i expect the "GPIO 1 devicetree" entry to be about 200
>> bytes.  i expect the "LCD specification devicetree" entry to be about
>> 400 bytes.  the total number of entries - even if there were 120 I2C
>> devices hanging off the bus - should be well below 8K.
>
> do you have working definitions for each of these 3 devicetrees? (so they can
> be added to the impending spec)

 no - that's another thing been on the TODO list since EOMA68's
inception.  still up for grabs is a decision to do purpose-based or
"physical-thing-based" devicetree entries.  "a reset switch devicetree
[which happens to use GPIO0]" vs "a GPIO0 devicetree [which happens to
be a reset switch]".

personally i'm leaning towards purpose-based as it's more in line with
expectations plus a single pin may have multiple uses even within a
same hardware personality [shared IRQ line for example].