[Arm-netbook] identification eeprom: data layout

Derek dlahouss at mtu.edu
Tue Nov 5 15:59:56 GMT 2013

Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo <at> kde.org> writes:

> There is no page index. Variable length pages without an accompanying index
> means that it is not possible to seek directly to a given page; however given
> the relatively small size of the IDS, the small number of pages and that the
> headers allow skipping from page to page this is deemed acceptable.

Would you please educate me (and others may be interested) why to not use an
index?  Do we expect pages to be added frequently, requiring rewriting an
index (and thus shifting all contents)?  Do we expect that people will get
it wrong?  Is the initialization environment so constrained that it cannot
even use an index?

Derek