[Arm-netbook] Two Questions: MEB/Card/Case and VGA Proto

Christopher Havel laserhawk64 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 19:03:57 GMT 2013

(1) *approximately* how much would it cost me to get an MEB, a current
CPU Card (I assume that'd be A10 based?) and a case, almost-ready-to-go
(as in, assemble the case, stick in the card, and drop on an OS),
including shipping...? I'm in NC, US -- ZIP+4 for me is 27344-6644.
(...or are we not quite there yet? I'm a little confused on that one.)
To be super de doober clear -- estimate, not quote :P

(2a) how realistic is the idea of putting together a prototype of the
VGA adapter I came up with using perfboard? (I can't afford custom PCBs,
and I can only do thru-hole soldering... I'll be socketing everything if
I can work out the wiring for it!) What limitations should I expect,
resolution-wise?

(2b) alternatively, I have an eBay issue HDMI-to-VGA-and-Audio adapter,
one of the ones that pulls power from the HDMI port. (It works, I've
tested it.) Would that work with the MEB+CPU Card as things are now
(don't mind needing adapter cables, but I am NOT rewiring the thing,
even to provide extra power -- my soldering skills are simply too poor).