[Arm-netbook] A20 and A10 NAND

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed May 29 20:10:42 BST 2013

i've started a comparison of function names and IO base addresses (nm
modules/nand/libnand) and have found that the function names are
exactly the same, as well as the I/O base for the A20 NAND driver is
exactly the same as that of the A10.  i would hazard a very rough
guess therefore that the hardware of the A20 NAND is identical to that
of the A10.

"the usual" fucking around with the header files however has been done
[by that manager that we know orders allwinner software team members
to alter the copyright messages].  in the A10 3.4 source code
arch/arm/plat-sunxi/include/plat/platform.h we have a correct
Copyright message, 2007-2012, Copyright Allwinner Ltd, and in the A20
3.3 source code arch/arm/mach-sun7i/include/mach/platform.h we have
Copyright 2010-2015, Copyright  Reuuimlla Technology Co., Ltd.
<www.reuuimllatech.com>

i note according to whois queries that the domain name
reuuimllatech.com is not registered.  does anyone have £15 to spare
that they'd like to throw at a domain registrar, perchance?

anyway, i'm going to try an experiment - compile up an A20 kernel,
replicate the stuff i did earlier with A10 (fex loader) and then try
compiling the standard A10 3.4 nand kernel in.