[Arm-netbook] a10^Wa20 eoma68 card

Derek LaHousse dlahouss at mtu.edu
Tue May 28 20:23:22 BST 2013

luke.leighton <luke.leighton <at> gmail.com> writes:

> we've got a price for doing 25 boards: there's zero change out of $2500 -
and that's not including shipping costs.  we think it's a bit steep, so are
looking for alternatives.  if we could get to 50 boards then the price comes
down somewhat.
> so!if there are 25 more brave souls who'd like a board, the kernel's
sorted, u-boot's sorted, debian's sorted, android's sorted,
boot-loading-over-usb-fex is sorted, so the "early days" are over and i
think we can declare this as almost going into alpha phase now.

Luke,
I took this to mean you're looking for more people to sign-up (probably @
http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/orders/ ) for a "pre-alpha rev 2"
board that costs around $100.  However, there's been little additional
message on the list.

1. Am I correct, looking for a new set of 25-50 people?
2. What should I put for Development Stage?
3. Do you have any time frame for board 2?
4. Could you repeat what this group is testing?  It sounds like you've got a
working board, so why not rolling into larger production, why limit to 25-50
"brave souls"?

Derek