[Arm-netbook] modifying and verifying debian installer for armhf board (a10-eoma68)

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed May 22 10:05:15 BST 2013

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 9:44 AM, Ian Campbell <ijc at hellion.org.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 2013-05-19 at 18:48 +0100, luke.leighton wrote:
>> > But the obvious answer here is to get support for your device into the
>> > appropriate Debian kernel flavour and then integrated into the standard
>> > d-i images. If there is upstream support then this ought to be more or
>> > less trivial.
>>
>>  yeees.. that would be good.  what's the procedure there?  someone's
>> already built one:
>>  http://dl.linux-sunxi.org/users/niall/debian/
>
> If you can identify which config options need to be enabled for a v3.9
> kernel (which I think is due to hit Sid soon) then a wishlist bug would
> do the job. Likewise if there are some backports required etc you could
> request them in the same bug.

 sun4i_defconfig would do the job, pretty much.  cc'ing arm-netbook:
does anyone know the best people to notify who can advise here?
alejandro? henrik?

> Looks like CONFIG_ARCH_SUNXI is part of the multi_v7_defconfig upstream,
> which suggests it would be a candidate for being enabled in the new mp
> (multiplatform) kernel flavour.

 oooo, that'd be absolutely awesome.  also it'd be nice to finally
have mainline support for the processors that have according to one
report [*1] have a 40% world-wide market share, eh? :)

 l.

[*1] http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/13/05/08/1636217/chinas-allwinner-outsold-intel-qualcomm-in-tablet-processors-in-2012