[Arm-netbook] I Have An Possible Chance To Meet An ARM Senior Manager

Alexander Stephen Thomas Ross maillist_arm-netbook at aross.me
Sun Mar 17 01:18:42 GMT 2013

On 17/03/13 01:01, luke.leighton wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 11:02 PM, Alexander Stephen Thomas Ross
> <maillist_arm-netbook at aross.me> wrote:
>
>> Don't hope for free graphics from arm (there working on there own gpu.)
>> or with arms help. If your prepared to buy it currently then that's good
>> enough for them. Rickard MS is right. Complete, out right rejection of
>> proprietary/non-free junk is the only way to go.
>
>   alexander - thank you.  bit of an eye-opener for you, huh?  we see
> the evidence of these peoples' blind faith in their position, from
> their lack of understanding and having never been exposed to
> *successful* free software projects... because they can't be bothered
> to look.

I was expecting that to be the case but I wasn't going to prejudge him
and so had hope.

>   the classic one - if i had known that the conversation would have
> gone this way - the classic one to mention is the fact that the
> valve/steam team got together with the intel 3D team after both found
> that they were having problems with their respective GPL-licensed code
> bases; one of the team members wrote it up publicly as "the most
> productive work meeting they'd ever had".

The conversation was fair light hearted, "positive" btw.
Note to self don't compleaty ignore steam related articles.

Thanks Luke. :):):):):) 5 nodding heads of respect!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SimonThinksSimonSays

hmm...
Dr Despair reviews ARM
and other non-free <whatever> Processing Unit and SOC Companies.

lol :D.