[Arm-netbook] RFC: EOMA-26

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 21:41:46 BST 2013

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 4:43 PM, Jacky Lau <i90091e at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are there any plan to develop a ultra low cost EOMA (cf?) module based
> on A10S?

 not necessarily the A10S specifically: we don't tie any EOMA
standards to specific processors, but i figured it would be a good
idea to start a standard that focusses on the ultra-low-cost market.
reusing the 34x75mm ExpressCard shells, connectors and assemblies
would seem to make sense:

 http://elinux.org/Embedded_Open_Modular_Architecture/EOMA-26

 it's *extremely* tight, to say the least.  single-channel LVDS
(covering maybe up to 1280x800 18-bit colour).  1x USB2.  1x I2C. 1x
4-pin SD/MMC.  1x UART.  2 GND, 2 5V power.  2 dedicated GPIO and the
option to multiplex a further five GPIOs.  however in doing that it's
*imperative* that *all* SoCs support that exact multiplexing
capability, even if it means they have to put in some crossbar
switches to do it.

 end as usual is open to have any number of user-facing interfaces
that will fit in this case into a whopping 34mm gosh shock that's a
lot, that is!

 comments and input appreciated.