[Arm-netbook] Cubietrack mini-PC from Tom Cubie is coming !

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Fri Jun 28 11:16:57 BST 2013

On Thu, 2013-06-27 at 18:15 +0100, Alexey Eromenko wrote:
> In my opinion, Tom Cubie should also offer a version of Cubietruck
> with a case -- use cardboard paper (carton) for this.
> Why ?
>
> 1. This should be cheap
> 2. This is recycleble - environment friendly case.
>
> Similar to VIA APC paper:
> http://apc.io/products/paper/

Yours for only $99!!!!
Where do they get such super prices for a bit of recycled cardboard?

I looked into birch plywood and worked out costs of less than $10
for eoma type netbook case + profit + shipping on top.
Because of MOQ, initial outlay $5k,
uncertainties over how to steam the wrinkled veneers into plywood,
getting a final finish correct on the case, and not enough space
for a home project, I haven't taken it any further.