[Arm-netbook] 4 GPL'd KiCAD boards released for A10 CPU system development

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 15:22:37 BST 2013

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 2:27 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Luke, Paul Sokolovsky,
>
> Initiall thought this low interest project.
> Checking the logs, between several hundred to several thousand users!
> OMG!

 duhh!  welcome to free software projects.

> Live in fear of making any announcements in case site goes down.

 fear is your ego getting in the way :)

> Big mistake on my part, but to be fair, $ work keeps me jumping through hoops
> and didn't have quality time to manage everything.
> Next two weeks are relatively slack, so I get time.
>
> Luke, got any spare eoma (even alpha quality) to sell?

 yyup - about five or six left out of thirty.  $USD 100 plus shipping
[about £3 i believe including tracking/signed-for] ok with you?  we're
just about at break even so so it'd be great to meet that.  please
note: this is a SAMPLE, it's NOT an end-user product, and will be
marked on the customs form as such: you should *not* pay VAT or Import
Duty.

 if so, let me know which email address to send you a paypal invoice
to [or a message with a bank account to transfer in the UK], and send
me [privately] a delivery address and tel no for shipping purposes.

> I want to make mboard with SoM board and PCMCIA
> socket.

 cool.

> The idea is that the eoma gets plugged in
> for main CPU while the SODIMM connects to small
> embedded  CPUs like ARM Cortex or PICs to make
> embedded system. The PCMCIA socket pins will be
> brought to breakout pads so that it can all be wired
> together manually to make system. All in glorious KiCAD
> and gpl'd designs for everyone to share :)

 yeahhh that's more like it.