[Arm-netbook] A20 CPU cards going out; micro-engineering board being made up.

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Wed Jun 5 22:30:52 BST 2013

ons 2013-06-05 klockan 22:02 +0100 skrev luke.leighton:

> also one thing i find hilarious is that MALI is entirely missing from
> the allwinner a20 3.3 release.  they've promised to get a 3.4 kernel
> out by the end of june, however the question remains in my mind, "how
> the hell can any of the people claiming to be selling A20 tablets
> *actually* be selling them when the 3D engine isn't integrated into
> the kernel source code yet??" :)

MALI kernel driver is a separate module, built out-of-tree.

It's integrated in the linux-sunxi.org tree for convenience and
maintenance reasons only, but it really have no business being in the
kernel tree.

In the SDK the mali kernel driver is in lichee/linux-3.3/modules/mali/

Not sure where the actual driver (userspace) is... if there even is one
for Linux sun7i. The copy in buildroot looks old. The Android SDK seems
to include mali libraries but...

But Allwinner can probably provide you the needed libraries for linux
use if you ask.

Regards
Henrik