[Arm-netbook] [OT] Certifications

Ottavio Caruso ottavio2006-usenet2012 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 29 19:28:08 BST 2013

Apologies for the off topic, but I hope you can help. I know you're
all busy people, but if you have a minute I would like your opinion,
as you are the most competent bunch I know about this matter.

Firstly, I would like to know your opinion about certifications in general.

Waste of time and ink? Useful? Better than nothing?

Secondly, do you know of any Linux oriented certification that is also
focused on the ARM platform and not specifically targeted to
programmers/developers?

My background is as a Tech Support, Junior Sys Admin and amateur
shell/web scripter, all of these on the PC/x86.  I don't see myself as
a full fledged developer, I'm more into the OS internals. Been out of
work for some time, occasional part time gigs and no recent/relevant