[Arm-netbook] EOMA68 switch / NAS

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 23:25:46 BST 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 10:45 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
> These readily available in China:
> NT5CB256M16BP-DI 256*16  - about 29RMB
> http://www.gplsquared.com/SoM2/NTC-DDR3-4Gb-B-R10.pdf

 yeeouch that's over twice the cost of the chip.

> Identical to the part GT8UB256M16BP
> Schematic symbol and footprint in expeyes project
> http://www.gplsquared.com/SoM2/SoM2_expeyes_2013_06_03.tar.bz2

 ... which of course you've put into
http://git.rhombus-tech.net/?p=SoM1.git and have been maintaining it
there so it's *real* easy to collaborate on this by just getting that
one single file *not* having to download, unpack, trawl through,
extract, edit, cut and then paste that one single part...

... something like that, yeah?  to make it _easy_ to collaborate, by
working to best practices known to work for decades, yeah?

 ah wait - it's a DDR3 anyway.  this chip supports SDRAM, DDR1 and
DDR2.  i think there is a suitable part in the... what is is.... ben
nanonote project.

> Just change chip name (and may be some pin names because they are marked
> up slightly differently between the two chips - but function is same).
>
> If you have PCMCIA footprint and schematic, drop that in too.

 that's already in the eoma.git repo - it has been for over 18 months...

> I tried working on it but too but notice many different varieties all slightly different - best use
> the one you have.

 ... but yes, because kicad was such a bitch there was flat-out no
chance i was going to use it for a 1st proper CAD/CAM project, despite
really wanting to, so i moved over to PADS, and then evolved the
standard from there.

it'll take 5 mins to update.  send me that ssh key, i'll ask phil to
add you to eoma.git.