[Arm-netbook] 10in tablet and dock

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 23:53:08 BST 2013

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 10:33 PM, Scott Sullivan <scott at ss.org> wrote:

> That makes an assumption that Rhombus Tech will remain the dominant provider
> of cards and making those decisions. I could see over the long-term as the
> eco-system grows that may not be the case.

 yes.  QiMod Ltd's role here will be to coordinate new CPU Cards (so
that effort's not duplicated), provide a Certification Programme,
compliance testing in existing known products and so on.  also what
we'll be doing is deals whereby we can put 3rd party CPU Cards into
mass-production, such that if those people who designed them are small
teams they would have the opportunity to buy small volume (within
their budget) at *mass-volume* pricing levels.

we'll also help those teams to create the CPU Cards in the first
place, provide DXF templates for PCB layouts, access to components and
suppliers and so on.