[Arm-netbook] EOMA-68 Micro Engineering Board PCBs (was: eoma-68 micro engineering boards: anyone need one?

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 18:02:42 BST 2013

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 5:38 PM, Christopher Thomas
<christopher at firemothindustries.com> wrote:
> AAAAND We're Done!

 woo!

> Each one takes about 5 minutes to assemble from start to finish, (once you
> establish an assembly line process.)
>
> Well, 1 Down, 29 to go. The TFP401a hasn't arrived yet (scheduled to arrive
> today via FedEx, yet to be seen) , once I receive the TFP401a, I'll do a
> quick passthrough board and give it a good test.

 that'd be absolutely fantastic.  wow, that's really exciting to hear.
 would you be happy to release the schematics (copyright firemoth
industries) under an open hardware / free software license?

 btw i'd recommend making the board *longer* than the standard PCMCIA
size, and just using standard off-the-shelf connectors, poking out a
bit. that way the passthrough card will go into e.g. a tablet product
(without having to dismantle it) and we can get one to the ODMs for
example as a way for them to do testing.  also what do you think,
perhaps a header with access to the GPIO?

> http://i.imgur.com/1YtiOqK.jpg

 looks beauuuutiful :)  that's going on the web site.  love it.