[Arm-netbook] EOMA-68 Micro Engineering Board PCBs (was: eoma-68 micro engineering boards: anyone need one?

Derek LaHousse dlahouss at mtu.edu
Tue Jul 9 19:20:04 BST 2013

Christopher Thomas <christopher <at> firemothindustries.com> writes:

> If someone wants to make the PCB Gerber I can do a small batch of 5. I was
just going to do a quick and dirty on perfboard.  My TFP401a arrives tomorrow.

> On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 4:20 PM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton <at>
gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 9:26 PM, Christopher Thomas
> <christopher <at> firemothindustries.com> wrote:
>
> > All Components are scheduled to Arrive on Wednesday July 10th, I will
> > proceed to assemble and fully test one card before assembling the rest to
> > insure all components function correctly.
>  we reaaallly need to get the pass-through card made up [*1]
>  l.
> [*1] http://elinux.org/Embedded_Open_Modular_Architecture/EOMA-68/Passthrough

I found this, a USB 2.0 connected chip with an RGB output.  It also looks
like it connects to I2C.  So, for a convenient EOMA-68 "passthrough", a USB
hub connecting to this chip and also to the USB pins looks like an option.

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/specsheets/UFX6000-VE.pdf

Or something like it.  No, it's not a video-passthrough, but it does turn an
EOMA-68 compliant device into a USB-attached screen.

Derek