[Arm-netbook] any android tablets *not* with built-in baseband (e.g. MTK) but with 3G / phone capability

jm joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Sat Jan 19 12:20:28 GMT 2013

On Sat, 2013-01-19 at 09:22 +0000, luke.leighton wrote:
does anyone know of any android tablets - at a reasonable price - that
> use a separate built-in 3G phone-capable chipset rather than using an
> on-board baseband DSP [and thus being 100% likely of being
> GPL-violating)?
>
> i have a friend who is looking to replace his samsung tablet phone
> with something cheaper yet good enough to use across hong kong and
> europe.

I have a Samsung S2 phone and it comes with a data service
and allows WiFi tethering.

The tethering then allows any of my different tablets to
connect to internet. It eliminates the need for each tablet
needing built in 3G, as well as allowing the phone to become
a miniature tablet if I forget the larger tablet.