[Arm-netbook] PCB production

Hrvoje Lasic lasich at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 11:22:32 GMT 2013

Hi,

We are making design with Freescale I.mx283 and we are in doubt about
what PCB setup to use and cost around it. Easiest way to do it is with
6 layer PCB where you can most effectively control routing and
therefore all possible problems around it (high speed design, EMC
etc). 4 layers are more difficult to do but production seems to be
cheaper. Does anyone have experience what is the most efficient way to
do this design? What is the difference in price between 4 and 6 layer
per same area? What is the most common way to do such a design in
terms of PCB layout?

Thanks for help.
Hrvoje