[Arm-netbook] Linux on A10 based TV stick

jm joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Thu Feb 14 08:44:40 GMT 2013

On Thu, 2013-02-14 at 12:20 +0530, Ajith Kumar wrote:
> Hello,
>      I  bought an Allwinner A10 dongle (Android TV stick) from
> WITSTECH. It boots into Android in Chinese.
>
> To get Linux on it, I tried the image given at
>  http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/hacking_the_mele_a1000/mele_ubuntu_image/
>
> and also the one at
>  http://www.gplsquared.com/mk802/mk802.html .
>
> since they are tested with similar hardware.
>
> Nothing comes on the screen on powering, if the TF card is inserted.
>
> Any changes to be made to the files evb.bin. Do I need to compile
> uboot.  Looking for help.
>
> The photos of the board are here (top & bottom),.

Looking the photos, the internals are very different to the 'standard'
MK802:
https://www.miniand.com/forums/forums/2/topics/19

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW-IPTV-MK802-S1-with-3-5-phone-jack-Allwinner-A10-Android-4-0-RAM-1GB/745293759.html
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HD-Android-4-0-4-Mini-PC-Wifi-TV-BOX-Wi-Fi-IPTV-Google-Internet-TV/729110159.html
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MK802-Android-4-0-Mini-PC-IPTV-Google-Internet-TV-Smart-Android-Box-DDR3-1GB-RAM/606079454.html

Try also asking in freenode IRC, channel #arm-netbook.