[Arm-netbook] [eoma68] mini desktop pc

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 11:35:52 GMT 2013

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 10:00 AM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:

> 1. You need the internal 3.3V line brought out from EOMA68 to one of the
> pins for general circuit design reasons.

 not going to happen.  sorry. designs need to take that into account.
apart from anything there will be boards in the future that don't
*have* a 3.3V line (for whatever reason).

 so not only was the time to say these things about 18 months ago but
the answer would still have been no.

> 2. Not sure about the USD75. Is it going to get cheaper any time soon?

 in quantity 10k and above, probably yes.  because they will be
designed differently.  and be a different product entirely.  so... no.

 plus remember that $75 is for *two* boards, and tax, and shipping,
and testing, and packaging, and profit (a small one) and everything
else.

strictly speaking the sale price should be double what it is.

> 3. At the moment there is no way to cooperate with everyone using
>    closed sources PCB packages and the list of hardware mistakes
>    are piling up as cost somewhere. This is driving a wedge through
>    all things good and possible. I only want to work in open sourced
>    KiCAD. The limitations are not significant

 they are a complete show-stopper for someone with my limited
available time, lack of knowledge and insufficient expertise.  simple
as that.

>    to getting the real work done and avoiding undesirable future costs.

 then i need people to take over designing these I/O Board PCBs.

 as long as i am continuing to work without any visible day-to-day
assistance i will continue to use the software that i have the
capability to use and have confidence in.