[Arm-netbook] GPL violations (again)

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Thu Aug 29 12:07:34 BST 2013

On Thu, 2013-08-29 at 10:20 +0100, luke.leighton wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 10:07 AM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Here is a project to add:
> >
> > "SSD security camera recorder with PIR sensors"
>
>  adding this as ssd_ip_camera to community ideas.

Add this then: EOMA Humanoid Robot.

I already build me a humanoid robot.

But soon I realise I need a Linux EOMA to manage the robot.

Merely moving 20 odd servos is not good enough to make a
next generation of robots.

What I want to do is add the EOMA so that it can speak,
have WiFi connectivity through a USB WiFI adapater so that
it can report its status through an internal web server
in the EOMA, take pictures and send it back through the wifi,
have a barcode scanner or webcam to read barcodes stuck down
on the floor and key points on the wall and furniture so that it can
work out where it is, a magnetometer chip like a MAG3110 and
accelerometer like MMA8451Q to work out direction, a light sensor, PIR
sensor, temperature sensor, microphone, optical proximity sensor etc
all low cost and built into one board. The board sends the data
to EOMA for high level scripting and programming languages to take
decisions. Software runs off the uSD card.

The embedded controller that generates all the servo signals
I do already. Need to add LiPo, LCD for eyes and mouth.
The parts are in dxf files that can be cut by laser.
The servos are off the shelf 15kgcm types. Easy to open source the
entire thing if you got a few EOMAs knocking around :)