[Arm-netbook] EOMA-68 A20 CPU CARD + MEB ETHERNET IS WORKING!!

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 13:24:36 BST 2013

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 1:05 PM, Ken Phillis Jr <kphillisjr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 8:28 PM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> https://www.olimex.com/forum/index.php?topic=1776.0
>>

>> ok, so we have a GPL violations situation by olimex.  they've failed
>> to provide - on request - the source code of the binary images that
>> they've released.
>>
>> could someone please notify them of this?
>>
>> l.
>

> No need to inform Olimax about this...

 actually there is.  i've raised it on the gpl-violations list.  their
response was immediate, mocking and also again evasive.

> This company has good support so a
> member of the Olimax staff has already replied. to that thread ( The fourth
> reply )

 .. in an evasive manner.

> and Olimax intends to release the relevant patches once a GPL clean kernel
> source to appear on the Linux-Sunxi github.

 "intention" is not good enough, but that's not the issue kenney.

 because they *have* provided binaries, they need to release the
*exact* same source... which is precisely what that 4th post
*explicitly* says that they have no intention of doing so.

 this is a clear GPL violation kenney.

  they need to cease distribution of the A20 binaries until such time
as that work is completed.

> Also, as a note, there is a similar requirement for the u-boot patches they
> have not yet released.

 correct.  i've also raised the issue that they need to release the
boot0 and boot1 source code as well.  it's in the A20 SDK but they
need to make it explicitly available.