[Arm-netbook] eoma26-a10s

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 12:11:35 BST 2013

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 11:34 AM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
> Look at the back of this product
> http://www.variscite.com/products/system-on-module-som/cortex-a9/dart-4460-cpu-ti-omap-4-omap4460
> It manages 3 connectors similar to FPC.

 those are B2B, they're a higher density and they have a distinctive
"click" and lock.

> For dense boards, no panic, up the number  of layers if routing becomes a problem.
> (The do have up to 24 layers these days.)

 the a10s is 0.6mm pitch.  6 layers should be fine...

> If laser drilling is OK, and layers are allowed to increase, then

 ... but yeah it's gonna have to be 6 or 7 mil vias and that's
laser-drilling territory.

> board space can be filled with connectors and components
> and still probably get fully routed. Just have to watch clearance
> for the auto placement tools.
>
> FPC 40 ok, 45 not sure - may be FPC-50 easier to purchase.
> Looking at the photo, off hand I would say the 2nd DDR could go on as well.

 not if i put Micro-SD/MMC on-board and/or Micro-HDMI as well - no
chance!  i'm really not keen on only 16-bit-wide DDR3 data bus width
as it impacts performance.

> FP-40 requires 10mmmx30mm approx area including clearance.
> The KiCAD models are around somewhere - but I can make them
> and 3D shapes from existing ones and post them later.

 well let me know if 40-pin or 50-pin B2B would work for you because
it's much more compact.