[Arm-netbook] It arrived in the post just now!

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 08:14:42 BST 2013

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 8:11 AM, Hrvoje Lasic <lasich at gmail.com> wrote:

> i think in this small volume production it is difficult to keep cost low.

 yes.

> you can maybe decrease price 10-20 usd but roughly you get higher price then
> expected. also, it is good idea to buy parts from mouser or farnell... which
> are more expensive but you get exactly parts you need.

 these are parts in china - they're typically not available from
mouser or farnell.  the parts are not an issue: all parts were ordered
exactly as listed and required on the BOM.  the assembly of the SMT
components is also not an issue.  the PCB production is also not an
issue (having been done by someone we know, whose factory we
inspected).

 the issue is the connectors, which appear to have been
hand-soldered.... very poorly.