[Arm-netbook] It arrived in the post just now!

Ryan Mullen rmmullen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 20:37:19 BST 2013

Hi Luke,

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 3:20 PM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
>  ... well, they didn't.  ok, they hit us with a one-off charge... and
> then did 30 boards by hand.

How was the $133 per board spent? The shop I work for routinely deals
with contract manufacturers in relatively small volumes and I doubt
the price for raw boards, components, and automated assembly would be
that high. Doing the fine-pitch stuff by hand is not a good idea and
it seems that the money we put into it should have been adequate to
cover the automated assembly. Was part of the price for someone's
labor?

In the future, if you want to contact me off-list with the relevant
documentation, I could maybe get some quotes from the CMs we've used
just so that we get a chance to shop around.

Just to be clear, I'm not upset about spending the money. I am just
disappointed that it seems like we're going to have more rework on our
hands than we deserve.

Ryan