[Arm-netbook] EOMA-68 Carrier Board Concept

Scott Sullivan scott at ss.org
Fri Aug 16 14:53:37 BST 2013

On 08/15/2013 08:34 PM, Christopher Thomas wrote:
> By integrating it on the board, you do have the potentially same
> 'pitfall' as the keyboard PCB scenario, but at least here, even if it
> is tied to the carrier board, you can re purpose the MCU how you see
> fit..
>
> Also, keyboard matrices aside, you get the plethora of other things
> the ATMEL/Arduino chips are good for. Zigbee, Bluetooth, PWM, Analog
> data monitoring, GSM/GPS, LCD Touchscreens. All are usable options
> through the ATMEGA.

Will you be providing arduino pin headers for shields?
It doesn't need to be populated, but it would fast track adding on the
functionality listed above. If you do opt for this, don't forget the ISP
header. Many shields (like the Ethernet shield) use if for communication.

The drawback to the above is it starts to really increase complexity of
routing the board. I'd wager it really is starting down the path of
feature creep and unchecked scope growth.

The Udoo is all in one ARM PC with Arudino Mega footprint on board.I
rather certain this is device that Luke was referring to in another post.

http://www.udoo.org/

--
Scott Sullivan