[Arm-netbook] EOMA-68 Carrier Board Concept

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 00:55:23 BST 2013

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 11:05 PM, Christopher
<christopher at firemothindustries.com> wrote:

> I think you misunderstand me.

 not at all - i'm speaking to a wider audience including people who
have joined recently, some of whom are very critical of EOMA68's
"limitations".

>> b) once you've quotes duplicated quotes the functionality you are
>> FREE.  you are SoC-independent.  you are no longer dependent on one
>> manufacturer.  i cannot emphasise enough how critical this is.  the

> Woah.

 yeah - i'm over-dramatising but not exaggerating:
    http://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/9387.html

 matthew stopped maintaining the list of gpl-violating tablet
products... because he was getting overwhelmed.

>> ... that's on one hand. on the other hand: i agree with you.  $5 is a
>> hell of a lot for a USB Hub IC.  plus the extra connectors.
>
> Yeah.

 there has to be a $2 USB3 hub out there.  there's already $1 USB2
hubs available.  actually... that's a good point: why not just make it
a USB2 hub? (fe1.1 for example).  3x USB3s, one daisy-chained to a
4-port, put the USB audio IC off that...

>> via it is USB bootloader.  doesn't make sense.  i believe you meant
>> to use the relative pronoun, "its" :)
>
> Awwww, can't I have at least one grammatical error?
>
> Typing in a rush. ;) I promise. I Speke n spel Gud!!

 awthermm!