[Arm-netbook] Your personal wish list for an I/O board. (Was: EOMA-68 Carrier Board Concept)

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 22:32:23 BST 2013

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 9:22 PM, Henrik Nordström
<henrik at henriknordstrom.net> wrote:

> Hmm... but a little confused about transformers and feedback.  Is the
> transformers also on the EOMA68 module? They were on the initial
> discussions, but now I am not sure..

 no they're not - i put the feedback onto pin 56 of EOMA68.  it was
very hard to get hold of low-profile ethernet transformers, and they
were... _expensive_.   so, that's moved to the other side of the
EOMA68 interface.  it was only when i looked closely at the Q-Seven
standard that i realised whoops, it's absolutely essential to have the
ethernet feedback on the standard.... oops :)