[Arm-netbook] SHIPPING!: EOMA-68 Micro Engineering Boards

Eric Stuyvesant metallurge at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 08:18:44 BST 2013

Luke, I wound up with possession of one of Christopher's 1stbatch
EOMA68-A20 boards, as it turns out we live only a few miles apart, and
he was most kind enough to generously let me acquire his extra
one--though he may be regretting it right now. (Drop me a line if you
need it back, Christopher).

> http://i.imgur.com/43b3NLd.jpg

On my board, looking at the group of 4 yellowish components in the
lower right of this photo (near the PCMCIA connector), I am missing
the bottom-most one entirely. I only have the upper 3.

I assume these are the 4 SATA capacitors which will need to be
replaced with 10 nf (103) capacitors...

The "pin 56 capacitor" doesn't have the big solder blob -- it looks normal.

The HDMI connector shield looks about like Christopher's.

And the uUSB connector shield looks better than the one of
Christopher's that failed. But it clearly needs to be touched up. One
of the holes looks totally empty from the backside, and the other
three look iffy from the backside.

There's a fair bit of solder flux remaining on the PCB, as with Christopher's.

I still haven't put power to any of this just yet--been too busy to do
any hacking yet.

But I thought you might want the feedback.

--Eric Stuyvesant
metallurge at gmail.com