[Arm-netbook] EOMA Micro Engineering Board case built

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Mon Aug 12 09:34:30 BST 2013

On Mon, 2013-08-12 at 00:43 +0100, luke.leighton wrote:
> awesome joe - i've linked it here:
> http://rhombus-tech.net/community_ideas/micro_engineering_board/
>
> btw remember you'll need to do some mods to the MEB to make it useable.

No problem - do you have a pdf of circuit diagram?
I'm looking at R1 and it appears a (yellow) C is fitted (see the photos
http://www.gplsquared.com/eoma_boot/eoma_boot.html )
[I can peer review the circuit if you would like me to.]

Notes to Chris:
1. C1 is over rated - use smaller voltage for smaller cap to reduce
board height - get it below the ethernet socket height to build array.
2. Leave more space around hole near DC socket to allow for spacer to be
fitted. I want to build a parallel array.
3. Hey Chris mi old harty, how many orders do you need to start next
batch? (I can buy max 4 more to build my EOMA supercomputer array.)

> we're almost certainly going to do a 2nd version, what i'll do is get
> my EOMA68-A20 taken along to a PCB SMT company, get the SATA caps
> swapped over, keep going on the ethernet issue, track that down...
>
> oh!  i know.  joe - do you want to make up an RGB/TTL-to-VGA circuit?
> a GPL'd one, very very simple, that connects to the 44-pin header?
> use the circuit from the A13 board that was discussed last week.  i
> need to test that RGB/TTL is working, that's the last major
> functionality.

No VGA pins on 44 pin header?

I may be missing something and have lost threads - please resend
 "the circuit from the A13 board that was discussed last week"
and I'll check what can be done.