[Arm-netbook] It arrived in the post just now!

Ryan Mullen rmmullen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 05:08:42 BST 2013

Hello,

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 9:34 PM, Henrik Nordström
<henrik at henriknordstrom.net> wrote:

> Any volonteers on writing one with some nice pictures etc?
>
> Points to empasis: (already in page but feel free to rewrite / improve /
> correct)
> - Be patient, don't use excessive force
> - You only need to remove the "top" shield (same side as uSD slot) to
> reach usb-boot jumper.
> - Start from the "outside" (hdmi contacts etc).
> - Push the shield gently to the side to loose it's grip. Wiggle it a bit
> working up the edges.
> - The metal is glued to the EOMA68 connector with adhesive tape. When
> reaching the EOMA64 connector just gently bend one edge the shield for a
> while until the tape looses it's grip.
> - If removing both shield pieces then be very careful with the glue tape
> on the bottom one, it's easy to bend the whole EOMA68 connector here
> with possibly catastropic results.
> - Remove tape and glue remainder before reassembly if you plan on
> disassemble again. Easly rubs off with using just your fingers or hand.
> - If you have removed the board from the casing entirely and want to
> reassemble, pay atteion on which direction you insert the cart. The USB
> connector should be oriented to the shorter edge

Thanks for these instructions, I was able to open mine without too
much trouble. The adhesive tape holding the shell to the EOMA
connector was the hardest part - everything else was just wiggle
wiggle side to side. I found that my adhesive tape released after I
tried to lift from the bottom of the shell with the EOMA connector
pointing to my left.

I'd supply some photos but my camera is busted :(

> The USB-Boot jumper is clearly labeled "UBOOT" on the board. Hard to
> miss it. Between the A20 CPU and the EOMA68 connector.

I saw Luke refer to fel-boot and I found the page on it here:
http://linux-sunxi.org/FEL/USBBoot

However, what exactly would the procedure be for this EOMA68-A20? I
assume that I short the UBOOT jumper and power up, which might place
me in FEL mode. In this mode I should be able to do something
interesting, and the documentation on the sunxi wiki says I should use
LiveSuit and a USB cable. Is fel-boot a replacement for LiveSuit? It's
a little unclear. How do I get to enter the fel commands on the
USBBoot wiki page? Does it give me a ttyUSB or something?

Thanks!
Ryan