[Arm-netbook] Status of the A31 Card, Flying squirrel tablet, IMX6Q card

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 20:35:43 BST 2013

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 8:31 PM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:

>> 7)  Do you have a BOM cost for an assembled tablet?  If so any estimate for
>> assembly labor?
>

>  about $90.

 if we're using the factories that we have access to, they're
fully-automated so there is zero "assembly labour" but you'll need to
make a MOQ of 50k units because they're so damn quick (*EIGHTEEN*
pick-and-place robotic arms) that it only takes about 20 minutes to
assemble that many units, and as it takes about 20 minutes to roll out
all the cartridges with the parts it's hardly worth their time.

 with chinese labour i don't know.

 the cost of using the additional parts for EOMA68 works out at around
$6 extra.  however bear in mind that the _next_ EOMA-68 product you
buy - unless you buy an extra CPU Card - will be 2/5ths the price of
anything else as you'll only need a "chassis".