[Arm-netbook] Status of the A31 Card, Flying squirrel tablet, IMX6Q card

Neal Peacock neal at nic-stix.com
Thu Apr 25 16:04:06 BST 2013

I sent a list of questions about the what remained before production of
various EOMA components to Luke.  He requested I copy the answers up for
everyones benefit, here they are.

> 1)  How much would it cost to complete the layout and build samples of the A31 card?

  we've negotiated it down to about 10k cash and 10k over time.

> 2)  Do you have an estimate of the BOM cost? MOQ?

  around $55.

  samples around 10 then a maximum of 200 before you have to go to MOQ
1k then MOQ 10k.

> 3)  Any similar quotes or timeframes for an IMX6Q card?

  around $65.

  around 2 months.

> 4)  It sounds like the tablet board is almost ready for production. Do you
> have an estimate for when it will be ready?

  about 2 months.

> 5)  Is the case designed?

  not yet.

> 6)  Do you have any information about what resolution LCDs and batteries
> will fit?

  7in LCDs with single LVDS.  same as kindle fire (early) screen.
datasheet's in the list of files.

  battery space is huge.

> 7)  Do you have a BOM cost for an assembled tablet?  If so any estimate for
> assembly labor?

  about $90.

> 8)  Is there any other remaining development steps that would require aid or
> funding to complete?

  STM32F source code development and associated communications to a
linux driver for audio, camera, reset, backlight.

> 9)  If I am willing to pay to finish development of the A31 card, IMX6Q
> card, or anything else needed what kind of commercial arrangements are you
> open too?

  lots.  examples:

  funding => reduction on pricing for orders (e.g. 1st 50k units)

  funding => payment of royalty (e.g. $0.50 or $1.00 per unit up to
re-payment of funding plus percentage)

that sort of thing.