[Arm-netbook] Mele doing updates of the A1000 with A20 (Dual-Core) and A31 (Quad-Core)

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.ru
Fri Apr 12 19:15:08 BST 2013

On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 19:04:16 +0100
"luke.leighton" <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:

> >>  http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner/a31/hacking_the_mele_a1000g/
> >>
> >>  there's a link to a discounted jobbie, valid for the next 2 days, at $85.
> >
> > That's the A1000G, not the Quad, I think.
>
>  Processor Model:
>     A31
>
> Model Number:
>     A1000G Quad
>
> CPU:
>     Allwinner A31 Cortex A7
>
> RAM:
>     2GB
>
>  yep it's the right one.

The link from that wiki page takes to a product that is for
$119.99 + $15.79 = $135.79

Complete listing of their store is available at
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/MeLE-Android-Mini-PC/715968_212118781.html
all the discounted ones are older models based on the A10.

I find it really inconvenient and confusing that they also call the new one
A1000G (or is it "A1000G Quad"?...), because there already is an A1000G based
on the A10 CPU (where we thought that "G" means 1 GB of RAM, as opposed to 512
MB on the original A1000).

--
With respect,
Roman