[Arm-netbook] A31 EVB schematics and layout received from allwinner

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 19:07:46 BST 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 6:58 PM, Ken Phillis Jr <kphillisjr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just to be clear, The first device will be Powered By the Allwinner A10 chip
> right?

 A10 and A20.

> Or is this an Instant upgrade example?

i've pretty much finished the rough-cut of the A31 board in about 5
days, i'll be passing that over to wits-tech.  if we had cash in hand
we could give it to wits-tech and get them to finish the PCB layout
and have it available potentially in about 3 weeks.

if anybody would like to invest in QiMod Ltd to make that happen,
please do contact me.  i'll know later this week how much wits-tech
would like to quote for finishing the PCB layout.

so, it's instant... *if* the cash is available.  if not, then we wait.
 we wait until money is received or earned.  that probably means
waiting until sales of A10 cards start, waiting until investment from
our Clients, but generally waiting.

so it is up to you - the people reading this.  if you want action to
be taken, and to be rewarded for that, help make it happen.  if you do
not want to take action, nor receive a reward for doing so, then
please feel free to sit by.

> Allwinner A31 page:
> http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a31/
>
> Allwinner A10 page:
> http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/
>
> The news page says the following on both the Allwinner A10 and Allwinner A31
> pages:

 that's a cut/paste error :)
  however in both cases yes they've given us immediate access to the
GPL Source Code.  i haven't provided anyone with a copy of the default
A31 GPL source code because there is no need to - it is already
publicly available.