[Arm-netbook] pengpod

Lauri Kasanen cand at gmx.com
Mon Apr 8 16:04:10 BST 2013

On Mon, 8 Apr 2013 12:51:20 +0100
Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 8 April 2013 10:38, Lauri Kasanen <cand at gmx.com> wrote:
> > Here in Finland, if you order something from outside the EU that's over the VAT limit, they will hold it in the local customs office and send you a notice to pick it up there.
>

> Well it is grave. You don't expect the average customer to order a
> tablet in the $100-150 range, then pay extra 20% VAT, then take half a
> day off to pick up your tablet from the local customs office, plus the
> cost of petrol/public transport.
>
> Unfortunately there's no fiscal union in EU and that's what scares
> overseas vendors.

With a webshop inside the EU:
Pay a price with VAT included, take a half day off to go the post office / to be at home when the delivery comes.

I don't see the difference? You must take the time off in either case; the transport to either office vs home delivery depends on the cost of delivery.

- Lauri