[Arm-netbook] pengpod

Joe Michael joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Mon Apr 8 14:01:27 BST 2013

On Sun, 2013-04-07 at 18:50 +0100, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> There's an option called "prepaid vat", in other words the extra-eu
> merchant strikes a deal with one or more eu countries and agrees to
> pay vat on behalf of the customer. It's convenient both for the end
> user, who doesn't need to bother with customs, and merchant because
> that increases traffic.
>
> Unless you plan to restrict the Pengpod to the Usa and switzerland, I
> urge you to consider this option.
>
> Another option is that your Switzerland based vendor opts in for this
> tax prepaid. Actually  if they are big enough they probably do this
> already.
>
> And sorry Luke for hijacking this thread but I thought this detail was
> important.
>
> On Apr 7, 2013 6:07 PM, "Neal Peacock" <neal at nic-stix.com> wrote:
>         You are going to have to pay the VAT regardless

In UK if the shipment value is under USD 200, and its being shipped from
CN, then there is no VAT because of a trade agreement with CN.

But obviously, the VAT is applied if the order value
is more than USD 200.

There are various other agreements in place. Some have expired.
Worth finding out which ones apply and for how long, and the amounts.