[Arm-netbook] SECO μQ7-OMAP5

peter green plugwash at p10link.net
Mon Apr 1 16:35:05 BST 2013

Guillaume Fortaine wrote:
> http://www.seco.com/en/item/uq7-omap5/
>
> Seco μQ7-OMAP5 is a micro Q7 module (40×70 mm ) based on OMAP5430 @
> 1.7 GHz with up to  2GB LPDDR2 PoP and eMMC memory. It supports up to
> 3 independent displays via HDMI, LVDS and DSI interfaces. Other
> interfaces and features include SATA, 2 x SD/SDIO/MMC 4-bit
> interfaces, 1x USB OTG LS/FS/HS/SS (USB 3.0),  2x USB 2.0 host,
> 10/100Mbps Ethernet interface, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1, I2S /
> AC’97 Audio Interface, 2 x serial ports, 1 x CAN Bus port, a camera
> interface (serial/parallel), SPI, 2x I2C bus, 3x PWM Channels, 1x
> Capture input and GPIOs.
>
> (from CNXSoft :
> http://www.cnx-software.com/2012/11/13/texas-instruments-omap-5-cortex-a15-systems-on-module-galore/
Is it actually available to us ordinary folks though?

The last omap5 vendor I attempted to contact (embedded,rs) basically
told me that the omap5 wasn't in proper production yet and they could
only get it in very limited quantities and as such they were only
providing boards to those who were going to use them to develop a
significant volume product.