[Arm-netbook] origen 4 (exynos S5PV310)

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Tue Sep 25 02:37:49 BST 2012

On 09/24/2012 07:09 PM, Mark Wilczynski wrote:
>> Initial reviews of the tablet show a battery life of ~3 hours.  That doesn't sound like power management is working at all or they must have a very small battery capacity.
>>
>> http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/latest-tablet-news/first-look-sanei-n10-quad-core-freescale-i-mx6-2831.html
>>
>> The OEM for all these tablets if HiAPad.

According to the specs at that link:

Battery capacity: 8000 mA / 3.7V polymer battery

Assuming that they left the H out of 8000 mAH (milliampere-hours)

8000mAH / 3 hours = 2600ma per hour

2600ma x 3.7V = 9.6 watts total

9.6W x 38% = 3.6W for the screen at 50% brightness, WiFi off

9.6W - 3.6W = 6W for ARM SOC + RAM + Flash etc etc

If we had the part numbers for the DDR3 we could estimate the power it
consumes. Guesstimating for 1GB, DDR3, 1.5V around 1.8W.

6W - 1.8W = 4.2W ARM SOC and whatever else is on

But, I'm making lots of assumptions here.

-Bari