[Arm-netbook] origen 4 (exynos S5PV310)

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Mon Sep 24 19:43:21 BST 2012

On 09/24/2012 01:03 PM, krasi gichev wrote:
> Today I saw 2 different brands of China tablets with iMX6Q (quad).
> Probably both are based on same PCBA, but I was really suprised to see
> them coming so early. Didi I missed something in last 1-2 months?
> Does anybody know if those are officially released chips? Could it be
> that they solder engineering samples?

The last time I heard the imx6 silicon rev to fix the power management
issue was back from the foundry.

Early high volume adopters with immediate access to the parts after the
final spin were locked in early this year. All the tablet vendor would
have to do is solder in the final rev device since the specs have been
know for months and the engineering samples worked well enough to prove
out the PCB design.

The only way we will know for sure is getting a look at the part in the
tablet and reading the date code and seeing if power management works.

Here's a couple more links to imx6 tablets:

http://liliputing.com/2012/09/chinese-tablets-with-quad-core-freescale-i-mx6-chips-pop-up-for-225.html

http://www.chinistore.com/en/chinese-tablet-pc/511-buy-chuwi-v90-quad-core-freescale-imx6-tablet-pc-android-4-ips-97-inches-1gb-ram-hdmi.html

-Bari